02 October 2006

02 October

His pup woke me from a fitful sleep. I was stayin the night at Ben's. Somethin I hadn't done in ages. Ben was not who I missed tonight. I scurried about and threw on a robe. The pup excitedly barked and growled to alert me. Lookin through the windows, I surmised it musta been a stray wonderin through the streets. As far as I could see, I saw nothin but the empty streets an canals of Stormwind.

After softly scoldin the pup, I laid back down, missin his touch even more. Still not used to bein alone at night. Would I ever get used to it? Perhaps I should start stayin at the Inn again. How comfortin his arms are, wrapped around me as I sleep. I thought the lager & mead I shared with a friend at the pub would be enough to help me engage sleep. If it hadn't been for all the conversations of the evenin--hellos, goodbyes, doors openin, and doors closin--it perhaps would have been enough. My mind raced, early to rise in the mornin. A long day ahead. Oh, sleep please take me over! An again, I thought how easily I could sleep if I were in his arms.

I didn't enjoy stayin at Bens. How could I? Conversations with Malleyna, Rena, Trisseyl, Lendys all floated around in my head. A fitful sleep indeed. I called the pup over and dropped my hand. She laid down an I finally drifted off to sleep, absently rubbin her coat. Takin comfort in her presence.

No comments: