28 July 2011

Don't forget to remember.

Mira walks in the empty guild hall, stopping as she crosses the threshold. The familiar sights, smells, things she hasn't felt in years come washing back over her. Her eyes immediately brim with tears and she takes a breath. She pulls a piece of frostweave out and dabs her eyes as she makes her way across the common area. She lightly fingers the armor, drawings, and notes posted on the walls.

Determined, she sucks in her sobs and walks to her former quarters. She wonders if Moonracer occupied them. Turning the lock, she trembles as the door creaks open, the room just as she'd left it years ago. Overwhelming sadness and regret fill her heart as she looks through her old things. After a few minutes, she comes across her old
journal. She settles onto the bed with a heavy sigh and opens the worn tome. her fingers trace the old words, some forgotten, some she only wishes she could forget.

I'm sorry I left you all. I knew nothing else I could do." she murmurs, to no one. "The Knights will always hold a special place in my heart." The sobs she can no longer hold break her words and she quickly closes the tome, hugging it to her chest as she lays down on the old bed and curls up. Halo and Ben race through her mind, along with all of her old friends. Long lost now, it seems. Her heart is heavy with what she knows she has to do, what she came here to do, what she hasn't been able to do for so long.

Her crying wears her down, and soon enough she settles into a fitful sleep, unintentionally spending her last night within those hallowed halls.

Dawn breaks, and the early Darnassian sun filters through the window, waking Mira. She sits up, and runs her fingers through her red hair, tucking the unruly locks behind her ear. She tarries not, feeling more relief and exhaustion than sadness. She takes one last look around the room, tucking the old journal into her bag as she walks out
one last time. Her only pause is to stick a short, hastily scribbled note by the door.

"Goodbye my Knights. Where I shall be, I'm not sure. But I shall always be a Knight in my heart, and if you shall have need of me, I will do my best to aid. All of love, Mira."

She takes one quick look around and steps out, shutting the door behind her.

No comments: