28 January 2007

28 January

The wind howls around the cabin. The walls creak. Oddly, I still find comfort here. The snow gently falls outside. The fire keeps my body warm, but does nothing for my heart.

I carried on with my usual business today. After I ... heard the awful news. I suppose had Megar . . . Megar. The name still rolls off my tongue as smooth as silk. No matter how long it's been since I mouthed it. Tonight was the first time in ages, I've said his name out loud.

Me, Fronzak, Tyree, Rena, Moz, an Aelien met with a fella, Priam, in Darnassus tonight. I'd met him once, a while ago. But Megar. Megar was in a guild with him.

Megar is gone. No sense in dwellin. I said goodbye a long time ago. A friend died in his sleep last night. I can't dwell on that either. I read the note Katen left. I'll attend the memorial. Because I should. I've said my goodbye. Here by this fire tonight.

I've always taken comfort here. The snow here doesn't feel so cold to me. I often find some peace here.

No comments: