06 December 2005

06 December
Sometimes, it gets harder and harder to follow my family's trusting way of life. I find myself more and more wary of my surrounding, second guessing everything everyone says. I do trust my guildmates, well most of them anyways. And the Horde, well, they just get more and more evil each day. Attacking Auberdine? Trying to make their way to the village. What purpose is in killing younglings?

There are but two things that stop me from killing or die trying to kill each one I see. First, there is my family. But hear me now, that reason is not enough in itself to stop me! Sadly, it's the second thing. I was reminded of this tonight when Nyca told us about traveling with a Tauren, she called him her companion. She was terribly bothered when he was slain in the foothills. But he willed himself back to life and returned to her. She happily continued on their journey. But, getting back to my story.

When I was younger, much younger, I met a hunter by the name of Thagrynor. He is how I became a Knight. We had been adventuring in the Wetlands, he was in need of some leather, err, red whelp scales I believe. Actually, if I remember correctly, I was still a leatherworker at the time. Anyway, we were slaying whelps, simply for the leather. This Tauren came up, a druid. She was battle weary and stopped dead in her tracks when she saw us. She smiled cautiosly at us. We smiled cautiously at her. After standing around for a moment, we each continued on while keeping an eye on the other. She saw us skinning the dead whelps and stood by her last kill and pointed to it. As if to say, "Take this, skin it, it's yours." She even went back and made sure we could skin each whelp she had already killed. So began our little team. She would mightily hand the whelp it's death, and we would skin them.

All was good, until two humans happened along and started making rude remarks to the Tauren. She looked at us pleadingly, with peace. I told the them, "She only wants peace, she has been very helpful to us, allowing us to skin what she kills." The humans taunted her and then began to make remarks to us. Even after protest, the humans attacked her. Gryn and I watched. I was so torn. My heart is with the alliance, forever. I would surely die for it. But how can I condone the murder of a being who clearly only wanted peace? Even if that being belongs with the Horde? She stood there for a minute, taking the abuse. When she had enough, she fought back. I could see the pain in her eyes. She only wanted peace. Can I blame her for defending herself? Wouldn't you do the same? She slewed the two humans with ease and looked at Gryn and myself with regret in her eyes. As the humans were dying, they cursed Gryn and myself, for watching them die. I could have healed them. I could have saved them.

No comments: